The protein diet allows you to lose weight without feeling hungry. And although this diet option cannot be called very diverse, often for some slimming it becomes the only way to lose weight, since it is not necessary to deny meat.
What is the essence of a protein diet for weight loss
Eating the simpler protein diet can make you feel alert and active all the time. This is a significant advantage of this method of losing weight. But it can last no more than 14 days, optimally - 1 week.
The fact is that a protein diet creates an energy deficit in the body by saturating it with high-protein foods and limiting carbohydrate intake. This causes stress on the body.
With a lack of carbohydrates, hidden glycogen stores in body fat and muscle mass begin to be extracted.
Furthermore, weight loss is ensured first by a significant loss of fluids and shortly afterwards the muscle and fat mass begins to give up its energy reserve. The result of adhering to the protein method for losing weight:
- to lose weight of about 5 kg per week;
- lack of a constant feeling of hunger;
- preservation of the result of weight loss for a long time.
But despite such advantages of this diet, it cannot be called different, the disadvantage is that such a diet puts an excessive load on the kidneys and gastrointestinal tract and can lead to poor health, pregnant women are forbidden to use it.
Therefore, the menu of the protein weight loss program includes not only foods with a predominant protein content, but also many other essential nutrients, this greatly facilitates adherence to the diet and reduces the load on the kidneys.
Protein diet: list of allowed foods and recommendations
Allowed during a protein diet:
- any meat - pork, beef, poultry with a minimum fat content;
- seafood, eggs, low-fat cottage cheese;
- raw vegetables: cabbage, cucumbers, herbs, tomatoes;
- Lemon juice or olive oil is used as a condiment;
- Oatmeal and buckwheat are allowed 2 times a week.
It is recommended to alternate different types of meat.
- sweet - all pastry (cakes, biscuits), sugar and sweet fruit;
- baked goods, pasta, deep-fried products;
- cereals, potatoes, butter.
The following guidelines should be followed when following a protein diet:
- you need to eat 5-6 times a day, the last time no later than 2 hours before bedtime;
- drink at least 1. 5 liters of mineral water per day without gas or clean water;
- any alcohol is prohibited;
- , if desired, you are allowed to eat a couple of unsweetened citrus or apples for a snack.
What protein diet programs are there?
Among the most popular are the programs of Dr. Ducan and Dr. Atkins and the Kremlin Diet.
There are many programs for a protein diet. There are pure protein diets and with different variants: vegetable-protein, fruit-protein, protein-vitamin and others.
Weekly protein diet: menu options
Protein diet option 1 for 7 days
- Breakfast: 150 grams of beef with a wholemeal loaf, a cup of tea or coffee;
- Snack: 1 apple;
- For lunch: boiled chicken breast (150 grams) with vegetable salad (200 grams);
- Snack: 1 glass of low-fat yogurt or kefir;
- For dinner: boiled sea fish (200 grams) with vegetable salad dressed with lemon juice.
- Breakfast: 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, tea, coffee;
- Snack: 1 any citrus fruit;
- For lunch: beef stew with vegetables (150 grams);
- Afternoon snack: 1 glass of low-fat kefir with diet bread;
- For dinner: 200 grams of lean boiled fish with fresh vegetables.
- Breakfast: boiled chicken fillet (200 grams), tea or coffee;
- Snack: 1 apple;
- At lunch: 200 grams of boiled beans with a portion of vegetable salad;
- Snack: 200 grams of low-fat yogurt with diet biscuits;
- For dinner: 150 grams of boiled beef with 150 grams of cabbage salad, seasoned with 1 tbsp. L. olive oil.
- Breakfast: 1 glass of low-fat kefir with diet biscuits;
- Snack: 1 unsweetened fruit;
- At lunch: 200 grams of boiled chicken breast, 1 glass of apple juice;
- Afternoon snack: 1-2 hard-boiled eggs;
- At dinner: 200 grams of boiled fish, 150 grams of fresh vegetables.
- Breakfast: 150 grams of boiled turkey meat, 1 apple, tea or coffee;
- Snack: 1 glass of apple juice, 1 diet biscuit;
- For lunch: boiled fish (200 grams) with a slice of wholemeal bread;
- Afternoon snack: 1 glass of low-fat kefir;
- For dinner: 150 grams of boiled beef with vegetable salad.
- Breakfast: 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese and tea;
- Snack: 1 grapefruit;
- For lunch: stewed beans with vegetables;
- Afternoon snack: 1 glass of kefir;
- For dinner: boiled sea fish (200 grams) with fresh vegetable salad.
- Breakfast: 1 glass of skim milk, 1 diet biscuit;
- Snack: 1 unsweetened apple;
- For lunch: vegetable soup with champignons;
- Afternoon snack: 50 grams of low-fat cottage cheese;
- For dinner: boiled beef (150 grams) with fresh salad.
Seven day protein diet, option 2
Day 1. Distribute 200 grams of boiled chicken breast, 1 fresh cucumber and tomato, oil-free canned tuna, grapefruit and 1 slice of wholemeal bread throughout the day.
Day 2. For the whole day, 200 grams of fried veal, the same amount of fresh cucumber, tomato, bread, fruit: apple or pear.
Day 3. Low-fat hard cheese (50 grams), boiled vegetables (200 grams), 2 cucumbers and 2 tomatoes, bread, orange.
Day 4. 200 grams of boiled turkey fillet, the same amount of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, bread, pear, grapefruit.
Day 5. 2 eggs, 3 tomatoes, salad with vegetables, orange.
Day 6. Boiled turkey breast (200 grams), canned tuna, boiled vegetables, two cucumbers and two tomatoes, bread, apple.
Day 7. 200 grams of low fat cottage cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, 2 cups of kefir, grapefruit.
Grapefruit not only contains tons of vitamins, it also helps burn calories.
Protein diet menu for 14 days
A two-week weight loss program works well with protein-rich foods. There is a variant of an effective menu, in which 3 meals are indicated, but in practice it is advisable to divide the amount of food into 5-6 meals.
- Breakfast: coffee. Lunch: tomato juice, salad with cabbage and vegetable oil. Dinner: boiled or fried fish (200 grams).
- Breakfast: croutons with coffee. Lunch: boiled fish (200 grams), vegetable salad with cabbage. Dinner: boiled beef with kefir.
- Breakfast: coffee and croutons. Lunch: stewed zucchini, apple. Dinner: boiled beef (200 grams), 2 boiled eggs, coleslaw.
- Breakfast: coffee. Lunch: 1 boiled egg, fresh carrot salad with olive oil (1 tsp), a slice of hard cheese. Dinner: kefir.
- Breakfast: carrot salad dressed with lemon juice. Lunch: boiled fish fillet (200 grams), 1 glass of tomato juice. Dinner: a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: tea. Lunch: boiled chicken breast, salad with cabbage and carrots. Dinner: 2 boiled eggs, grapefruit.
- Breakfast: coffee. Lunch: boiled beef (200 grams) and grapefruit. Dinner: 150 grams of low-fat cottage cheese.
- Breakfast: tea. Lunch: boiled turkey fillet, 1 apple. Dinner: a glass of kefir.
- Like the sixth day.
- Like the fifth day.
- Breakfast: coffee. Lunch: 1 boiled egg, boiled carrots, a slice of hard cheese. Dinner: a glass of kefir.
- Like the third day.
- Breakfast: coffee and croutons. Lunch: boiled fish (200 grams) with coleslaw. Dinner: boiled beef (150 grams) and a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: coffee. Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, coleslaw and 1 tomato. Dinner: boiled fish 200 grams.
Ducan diet menu
Dukan's diet is divided into different phases according to the menu: attack, cruise, vegetable-protein, consolidation, stabilization. The very first phase of the attack is the most critical, here's its sample menu:
- For breakfast: 2 protein scrambled eggs with low-fat milk and herbs.
- Snack: One and a half tablespoons of oatmeal in the bran.
- At lunch: 200 grams of boiled veal.
- Snack: Boil 200 grams of shrimp or other seafood.
- For dinner: 200 grams of boiled veal or lamb.
Boil the seafood in lightly salted water.
Protein diet recipes
Chicken fillet in kefir
You will need:
- 100 grams of chicken fillet;
- 50 ml of kefir and water;
- salt, pepper, herbs to taste.
Cut the chicken fillet into pieces and mix with salt and seasoning. Pour the chicken with a mixture of kefir and water. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cook the fillet pieces in a hot pan without oil for 5 minutes per side.
You will need:
- 200 grams of fish fillet(pollock, hake, cod, tilapia, pangasius, trout);
- juice of 1 lemon;
- seasonings to taste.
It can also be baked in a special case.
Pour the lemon juice over the fish fillet, sprinkle with seasonings and dried herbs. Place the fish on foil, wrap and bake until tender (20-30 minutes).
To prevent the fillet from burning and sticking, add a little water to the pan where it is cooked.
Spinach puree soup
You will need:
- 1 turkey breast without skin or thigh;
- 1 package of spinach (fresh or frozen);
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- salt, pepper, all the herbs you want;
- 1/3 cup of skim milk
Boil the turkey, remove it from the broth and let it cool. Chop the spinach and simmer in the broth for about 5 minutes. Separate the turkey meat from the bones, chop it finely and return it to the broth. Cook for another 2 minutes. Cool the soup a little, then whisk everything with a blender, gradually adding milk to the mass, adding spices and chopped herbs. It is best to serve ready-made puree soup right away, once heated it may lose its pureed consistency.
Baked beef with eggplant
For 4 servings you will need:
- 0, 5 l of water;
- 500 g of lean beef;
- 300 g of eggplant;
- 400 g of peeled tomatoes;
- finely chopped parsley, garlic clove.
Cut the aubergines into rings, put them in salted water for 15 minutes. Chop the tomatoes, put them in a saucepan, sprinkle with parsley and crushed garlic. Bring the water to a boil and cook the eggplant for half an hour over medium heat. Then transfer to the tomatoes and mix everything. Cut the meat into thin slices.
Place half of the vegetables in a heat resistant pan, place the meat on top and cover with the rest of the vegetables.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
You will need:
- 2 eggs;
- 200 g of low-fat yogurt
- 50 g of corn starch;
- 2 teaspoons sweetener for cooking;
- flavor (e. g. vanillin).
Set the oven to preheat at 180orC. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Mix the yolks with yogurt, sweetener, starch, flavoring. Whip the whites into a thick foam and gently mix to the total mass. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes.