The buckwheat diet with its correct and sensible implementation not only ensures the loss of extra pounds, but also has a positive effect on the body. After all, buckwheat is high in fiber, which effectively removes toxins and excess water from the body, as well as many valuable nutrients. Therefore, the buckwheat diet is often referred to not only as a method of losing weight, but also as a detox diet.
Features and principles of the buckwheat diet
The buckwheat diet, as it is not difficult to guess, is based on buckwheat, a cereal rich in useful substances - it contains vitamins of groups B and P, which are involved in the process of metabolism and assimilation of carbohydrates, proteins and fats, Phosphorus, iodine are involved. For this reason (and not only! ), A buckwheat diet is considered acceptable and acceptable by even the most "careful" nutritionists (usually ardent opponents of mono diets).
Most of the time, this technique is used as a mono diet, but in some cases slight indulgences are allowed: you can add some low-fat kefir or fresh herbs to the diet, for example.
We need to be prepared that weight loss doesn't start right away because buckwheat is high in carbohydrates. How quickly the kilograms go away if you stick to the buckwheat diet depends on the initial weight indicator. The larger it is, the more noticeable the loss of kilograms will be in the first few days of the diet. Buckwheat week can lead to a loss of up to 10 pounds more (depending on the water balance and sufficient physical activity).
Buckwheat diet: Do's and Don'ts
There are several other benefits of the buckwheat diet - thanks to the richness in vitamins and minerals, your hair, nails and skin will not suffer during the diet. There is also no limit to the amount of buckwheat eaten per day on a mono diet. So in theory there is every chance to avoid hunger. The main prohibitions and assumptions are as follows:
- must not eat 5 hours before going to bed;
- Make sure you drink plenty of water (30 ml per 1 kg of body weight plus 1 liter for weight reduction);
- If you are very hungry or constipated, you can drink 1 glass of low-fat kefir an hour before bedtime;
- It is better not to boil buckwheat, but to steam it without adding salt, spices, milk, butter and sauces.
- In addition to water, you can drink unsweetened green leaf tea.
If you feel unwell, have a headache or lethargy while on the buckwheat diet, you can prepare and drink the following broth - mix 200 g of water with 1/2 tsp. Honey. This "lemonade" ensures the flow of glucose into the body, but does not slow down the process of losing weight.
Remember to watch closely the amount of water you drink each day - this is very important with any strict diet.
An example of a menu for a day could look like this:
- in the morning: a brew of water and honey and two lemon wedges;
- after 30 minutes: a portion of buckwheat porridge, unsweetened tea;
- after 3 - 3, 5 hours: a portion of buckwheat porridge, no sweet tea or water (and so every 3 - 3, 5 hours until the evening);
- 5 hours before going to bed: a serving of buckwheat porridge, unsweetened tea, water.
Recipes: How do you cook buckwheat properly?
According to the buckwheat diet, cereals should be infused in hot water and not boiled so that all nutrients are better preserved. To do this, pour 200 g of cereal with 0. 5 liters of boiling water in the evening and leave it under the lid overnight. In the morning the dish is ready. If the grain hasn't absorbed all of the water, drain the rest. According to the buckwheat diet, you need to eat such porridge without salt, sugar, spices and sauces. This is the classic version of the buckwheat diet, but there are also milder versions:
- Buckwheat porridge plus kefir- a day you eat 200 g of buckwheat and you can drink kefir, not more than half a liter, buckwheat in your main meals and kefir between them and an hour beforeGoing to bed;
- Buckwheat porridge with the addition of dried fruits.It is allowed to eat 200-300 g of buckwheat per day, which previously insisted on the consistency of porridge with the addition of 150 g of dried fruits. This porridge should be evenly distributed for all meals. Again, don't eat 5 hours before bed.
How to stop properly after a buckwheat diet
When the buckwheat diet is over, it is a smooth return to your usual diet. New foods should be added gradually. For the first week it is advisable to eat low-fat, high-protein foods and cook dishes by steaming or in the oven. Fried, salty and spicy dishes are unacceptable in the first week after leaving the buckwheat diet, since the body received little salt during the mono diet, and you need to gradually add it to the meal to gradually reach the usual salt content. You also don't have to rely on flour products and sweets, just allow dark chocolate in small quantities.
Compose your diet for the next two weeks after the buckwheat diet from high-protein meals, add a little carbohydrates, in the form of vegetables and fruits, low-fat dairy products and cheese are also allowed. At the end of the second week, you can add some fatty foods to your diet (butter, nuts, avocados, fatty fish, etc. ). But if you don't want the weight to return then the diet needs to be radically revised and made healthier.
Obviously, "harmful" products for the figure (fast food, sweet soda, mayonnaise, candy and industrial semi-finished products, etc. ) should never be reintroduced into your diet. Otherwise, the need for a buckwheat diet will soon recur.
Attention, there are contraindications!
Since the buckwheat diet completely eliminates sugar and salt, headaches or changes in blood pressure may occur. And a severe glucose deficiency can lead to decreased brain performance. Hence, you may feel uncomfortable. Notice that you have become distracted and inattentive.
Buckwheat diet is categorically contraindicated for people with diseases such as diabetes, stomach or intestinal ulcers, and high blood pressure. It is also not suitable for teenagers, breastfeeding women, or pregnant women. And also for people with chronic diseases.
Before starting a buckwheat diet, there is definitely no need to consult a doctor.